Monday, April 15, 2013

Internet Friendship

Sometimes you meet the most wonderful people and sometimes those people are not standing in front of you but miles and miles away.  You may not even know where they live exactly or anything about them other than you're now friends.  This happened to me very recently.  Through all the grief and emotional ups and downs in my life since losing my husband Geoffrey, there were all these wonderful women in a special group on Facebook that helped me get from one day to another.  All their kind words, virtual hugs and smiles, as well as silly and serious postings about random events in their lives filled my days and evenings when there was no one here but me. 

Other new friends were made from postings on my "Pixie's Treats" Facebook page. One particular new friend, Vivi, is having a new addition to her family.  She asked me if I could make some of my baby buggy cookies for Lori's shower and I was thrilled.  Nothing is more miraculous than a new baby.  They don't know if it's a boy or girl so she decided on gender neutral lavender.



Thank you Vivi and all my "Sweet" friends.
Sheila

1 Comment:

The Doorman and Miss Cohen said...

Once again you've touched my heart. How honored I am to be your friend, Sheila - Vivi.

Free Blog Template by June Lily